GATE Europe is looking for a well experienced Aerospace Design Project leader.
The program consists of several projects. Separate activities, which are strongly connected. Typically, projects are defined within the boundaries of a operating company. Projects differ: in (for example) organizational or commercial complexity, scope, budget, timing or the number of different disciplines involved. Programs include commercial key accounts like Airbus or Gulfstream and defense programs like the NH-90 chopper or the Joint Strike Fighter. There is a difference between non-recurring (design/development of new products) and recurring (improving existing operations) programs.
We consider the Project Leader position as a perfect first step in a successful Program Management career. You will start with leading the less complex projects. But be assured that we consider your responsibilities and accountability the same as your more senior colleagues (the Program Managers). Even stronger: the tasks and responsibilities of the Program Managers and the Project Leads are basically the same:
• Lead and manage a (multidisciplinary) project team;
• Assure execution of the contract with the customer, within the defined time, quality and budget goals;
• Compile a project plan and form your project team within budget;
• Regularly report on progress and results in relation to agreed KPI’s and take measures in case of deviations;
• Manage your stakeholders: your (multi disciplinary) team, the Program Management organization, management of the operating company and last but not least your customer;
• Support and (asked and unasked) advise the Program Director, for instance in relation to strategy, vision, objectives and planning.
Hierarchal you will report to a (Senior) Program Manager within the Operating Company and for commercial excellence on a functional basis to the Program Director.
Typical 2nd or 3rd career step for a talented project manager with a background in a high-tech manufacturing industry (aerospace, automotive, IT of shipping). He or she builds experience on a completed study on Master level, preferably a combination of Business Administration and Technology. Next to this solid base in education and experience, your personality and competencies allow you to excel in a challenging environment. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), a strong analytical base and well-developed organizational sensitivity allow you to be the perfect candidate for this position. We are very interested in non-Dutch applicants who comply to this profile.
Start as soon as possible and long term contract.
Interested. Please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org