As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the execution of design and validation & verification activities on Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) Components and Constructions (components assemblies). This involves validation of design requirements, verification activities on OEM qualification data, and authorization of Components and Constructions for use in EWIS, designed by our customer. Other activities include capturing / analyzing design requirements, performing trade-off studies, advice on selection of Components, support Construction design, performing Component and Construction qualification, writing technical reports and support continuous functional improvements of our Engineering tooling environment working together with multidisciplinary teams, component suppliers and our customers.
You will report to the Lead Engineer EWIS Components & Electronics (ECE), but may take guidance and direction on a day-to-day basis from the Work Package Manager within the applicable design and development project. The place of work will be at client in the south of The Netherlands.
- BEng (or MEng) in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
Start and Duration
- Expected start date: (beginning of) May 2017;
- Expected end date: April 2018.
Japan Aircraft program. The main activities of the EWIS Installation Design are executed in Japan on customer’s premises, as part of a multi-discipline project team. The main task in Japan is to act as Zonal Integration Manager for a dedicated aircraft section.
- Lead a small team of EWIS designers to define EWIS Installation solutions that achieve compliance to relevant performance, safety and quality requirements;
- Ensure EWIS Installation Solutions are viable in terms of proximity to -and interactions with other systems as well as aircraft-structure;
- Interact with stakeholders (within and outside of the EWIS perimeter) to agree and formalize integrated solutions;
- Explain and justify Engineering solutions to the customer;
- Interact with EWIS Functional design, make sure that the same design solutions are implemented both in functional and geometrical design;
- Support the verification and subsequently the certification process.
- Design processes and methods / standards;
- Requirement definition / validation;
- (International) design & drawing standards and methods;
- System design (components, constructions);
- Particular risk assessments (rotor burst, tyre burst, etc.);
- Main routing architecture definition;
- System safety analysis;
- Separation / segregation rules;
- EWIS Installation design (3D geometry);
- EWIS Integration aspects of design;
- Wire harness installation mounting provisions (secondary structure brackets, adhesives, attachments);
- Design verification (reporting of deviations);
- Configuration management principles.
Fundamental knowledge of
- Aircraft and systems;
- Parts & materials of wiring harnesses;
- Environmental conditions in aircraft;
- System architectures;
- Grounding and bonding definition;
- Wiring harness functional design;
- Wiring harness manufacturing;
- Basics of mechanics.
- At least five years of working experience in the Aerospace industry;
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools (CATIA V5 Electrical, Unigraphics NX, etc.);
- Preparing of technical / mechanical drawings;
- MS office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Assertiveness: Willingness to learn and to broaden own knowledge, takes initiatives to help improve processes and procedure;
- Teamwork: Able to work constructively in a small team taking responsibility for assigned tasks and willing to support other team members in achieving team targets and deadlines;
- Technical judgement: Ability to analyse technical issues, to evaluate options, and to give direction for design solutions;
- Results-driven: Able to plan own work and that of the team members in line with project schedules, and report progress regularly and timely in the event of issues or delays;
- Communication: Fluent English (and preferable also Dutch) in speech and writing, ability to communicate clearly and concisely (including technical reports), in a convincing manner, with flair and forth commonness.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org