As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of the functional design of electrical wiring interconnections, i.e. EWIS Functional Design. This involves analysing design requirements, performing trade-off studies, making design choices and designing wire harnesses constructions and interconnections (From-To definitions), processing of aircraft systems data packages (files), writing technical reports and support continuous functional improvements of our Engineering tooling environment, through integration and concurrent engineering with international and multi-disciplinary teams and together with system suppliers and our customers.
The Design Engineer will report to a Lead Engineer EFD, but will take guidance and direction on a day-to-day basis from a Senior Design Engineer or Work Package Manager within the applicable design and development project. The place of work will by default be at our client in the south of the Netherlands, in this case also on-site at the customer in Germany.
Start and Duration
- Expected start date: (beginning of) May 2017;
- Expected end date: Mid 2018.
Germany Aircraft program. Main responsibility is to design Wire Harness based on Schematic data from the Aircraft Manufacturer and System Suppliers.
- Defining from-to connections based on system level input;
- Making Wiring Diagrams;
- Definition of Wire Harnesses;
- Supporting the customer on integration issues
- Design processes and methods / standards;
- Requirements validation;
- (International) drawing standards and methods;
- System design (components, constructions, schematics, wiring diagrams);
- System safety analyses, Separation / segregation rules, grounding and bonding definition, wire and cable sizing, voltage drop calculation;
- Wiring harness functional design;
- Integration aspects of design;
- Design verification (reporting of deviations);
- Configuration management principles.
Fundamental knowledge of
- Aircraft and systems;
- Environmental conditions in aircraft;
- Wiring Harness installation design 3D geometry, Wiring Harness manufacturing;
- Interconnection systems;
- Basics of electronics and mechanics.
- Preferably a few years of working experience in Aerospace industry;
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools;
- MS office: (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Assertiveness: Willingness to learn and to broaden own knowledge, takes initiatives to help improve processes and procedure;
- Teamwork: Able to work constructively in a small team taking responsibility for assigned tasks and willing to support other team members in achieving team targets and deadlines;
- Technical judgement: Ability to analyse technical issues, to evaluate options, and to give direction for design solutions;
- Results-driven: Able to plan own work and that of the team members in line with project schedules, and report progress regularly and timely in the event of issues or delays;
- Communication: Fluent English (and preferable also Dutch) in speech and writing, ability to communicate clearly and concisely (including technical reports), in a convincing manner, with flair and forth commonness.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org